You don't need to spend a fortune to have your property looking its best for sale. Follow these useful hints:
- Listen to your agent, they'll have some useful ideas on home improvements and presentation.
- A fresh coat of paint is an affordable and effective way to really revive a home.
- De-clutter – it's a must and allows buyers to see your property, not your belongings.
- Ensure your home smells fresh. Simple but important! A stale-smelling home is an instant turnoff.
- Minor repairs – small problems like leaking taps, broken gates or cracked window panes are easily fixed but leave a bad impression if not attended to.
- Major renovations – discuss with your agent the financial viability of undertaking any significant renovations. They'll be able to advise whether it's worth your while.
- Gardens – invest a little time in your garden and it will make a significant difference to the overall aesthetic of your home.
- Professional styling – having your property styled or professionally furnished can enhance the entire feel, especially if it's vacant, and can be a very worthwhile investment.